Easily Solve “FCP X won’t edit AVCHD files” issue Jul 12, 2017 0:12:30 GMT -8
Post by maryannie on Jul 12, 2017 0:12:30 GMT -8
AVCHD is a highly compressed video formats and usually recorded by camcorders like Panasonic, Canon, Sony, JVC, Hitachi, etc. As to Final Cut Pro X, it is a professional non-linear editing software application and offers non-linear, non-destructive editing of any Quick Time formats including DV, HDV, MPEG-4, MOV, etc. But FCP X does not support all camcorders AVCHD files. So sometimes you still encounter can't import AVCHD to Final Cut Pro X issues:
1. “I bought a MacBook Pro mostly for the purpose of editing media and using Final Cut Pro. The problem is that my video camera is high definition, thus using AVCHD, and can't be recognized by the tool, any suggestion?”
2. “If the AVCHD files whatever with the extension .mts, .m2t, .m2ts are encoded FCP X Log and Transfer unsupported video or audio codec, Final Cut Pro X won't import AVCHD movies.”
The article is a step by step guide, showing you how to convert AVCHD to Final Cut Pro X friendly format on Mac (macOS Sierra, El Capitan Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion included). And in order to keep the excellent quality of the files, it employs a professional Pavtube AVCHD to FCP X Converter for Mac (Windows version) to be the assistant. Moreover, this powerful program has preset for Final Cut Pro, so that you can easily choose the FCP format - Apple ProRes MOV. (Read Review)
Key Features of Pavtube AVCHD to FCP X Video Converter for Mac
- [*]Convert all popular formats: Convert AVCHD videos up to 250+, like Apple ProRes, H.265, MOV, MPEG-2, AVI, MP4, WMV, M4V, etc. [*]Custom Video: Personalize AVCHD videos with diversified video editing tools. [*]Optimized Presets: Directly convert AVCHD files to fit Apple devices, Android devices, TV, PS3, PS4, iMovie, FCP X, FCP 6/7, FCE, iMovie, Apple Aperture 3, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, DaVinci Resolve Lite (DaVinci Resolve 11), Sony Vegas Pro etc [*]Extract Audio: Extract audio from your AVCHD videos to MP3, MKV, M4V, WAV, etc. [*]Edit AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) with editing functions: add subtitles to AVCHD, merge AVCHD, split AVCHD etc
Free download the AVCHD to FCP X converter:
- Pavtube old official address: www.pavtube.com/mts-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177029.html
Guide: Convert and Import AVCHD files to Final Cut Pro X on Mac
Step 1: Add AVCHD videos
Install the AVCHD to Final Cut Pro X converter program on Mac and run it. Drag the AVCHD clips to the software. Or you can also click "Add video" button on the top of the main interface to import video to the program.
Step 2: Choose FCP X compatible format
Go to "Format" bar and choose "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format for Final Cut Pro X.
Kindly Note: Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) have higher qualities. Apple ProRes 422 (LT) and Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) have smaller sizes. You can choose according to your requirement.
Actually, different Apple ProRes codec corresponds to different needs:
Apple ProRes 422 – Higher quality than Apple ProRes 422 (LT);
Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) – Keep original video quality for editing in FCP;
Apple ProRes 422 (LT) – Get a smaller file sizes than Apple ProRes 422;
Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) – SD levels – 480i/p and 576i/p. Used in offline workflows.
Apple ProRes 4444 – Edit and finish 4:4:4 material.
Tips: Adjust video, audio settings
Click the "Settings" button and customize proper video/audio parameters including Video size, bitrate and fame rate and more.
Step 3: Start AVCHD to ProRes conversion
Click the "Start conversion" button at the bottom right corner to start transcoding AVCHD files for FCP. It does AVCHD to FCP X video conversion like a charm and the output files will maximally preserve the quality of your original AVCHD clips. After conversion, you can import converted AVCHD clips into Final Cut Pro X to create the end results that you want.
Note: If you are also a FCP X user, before you try to do the conversion, don't forget to make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
Import Sony AVCHD MTS files to FCP 7/FCP X | Load Panasonic AVCHD MTS to FCP
Sony NEX-VG900 AVCHD and FCP X Workflow | Best Way to Edit MTS Files in FCP X
Edit Canon C100 AVCHD with FCP (X) | Transcode 4K XAVC/AVCHD to iMovie/FCP
Canon HF M500 AVCHD workflow on Mac | AVCHD .mts Audio Missing in Premiere Pro CC
How to Ingest AVCHD M2TS to FCP | Convert AVCHD/MTS/M2TS/M2T/TS to QuickTime MOV
AVCHD Player: Play AVCHD Files Smoothly | Play Edit XA35/XA30 AVCHD MP4 El Capitan
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac: Professional HD Video converter for converting HD Videos on Mac, provides the perfect solution to convert HD video to any HD/SD video format like AVCHD MTS/M2TS/TS, MXF, H.265, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, MKV, WebM, M4V, etc. and vice versa on Mac. Running perfectly on Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan/macOS Sierra.
Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is blazing professional video conversion software, enabling you to convert any video formats like MTS, M2TS, H.265, MP4, MOV, TS, MPEG, FLV, AVI, MKV and more 300+ formats or YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook video, to 4K/HD 1080P video. It possesses high compatibility with portable iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, QuickTime, PS3, PS4, Xbox etc.